Standard Progressive 422 Softail shocks:
- '89-'99 H-D: FLST/ FXST
- '94-'05 Big Dog Softail models; '09 Big Dog Wolf
- '95-'08 American Ironhorse ( all Softail models )
- '99-'11 Indian
- Other custom Softail style motorcycles. "Standard" and "Heavy" available. Standard rated up to 500 lbs. combined rider weight, luggage. Anything over 500 lbs, it's recommended to go with "Heavy"
- Lowers seat height as much as 2"
- These 422 Series shocks are designed to provide the ultimate in ride quality
- Features Inertia Active System (I.A.S.) damping. This type of "state of the art" valving senses the difference between chassis movement and wheel movement. When the wheel encounters a pot hole or expansion joint the damping changes instantly from firm to soft allowing the wheel to move rather than having the jolt transmitted to the chassis and the rider
- Progressive wound springs further enhance the ride quality by increasing in tension relative to the amount of shock travel
- Nitrogen charged to help eliminate dampening fade under extreme conditions and high heat
- Large windows in the shock covers provide a unique look while eliminating internal corrosion
- 3/8" drive tool is included for spring tension and ride height adjustment
- Instructions are included
Note: FLSTN models have a 1" lowered ride height from the factory so these shocks must be adjusted accordingly.
Note: When reducing ride height, always check headlight aim and correct lean angel on jiffy stand.
Chrome Plated Pair
Fits Softail 1989/1999
By: PROGRESSIVE SUSPENSION INC