- Consists of a small valve that opens during starting and allows a portion of the cylinder pressure to escape into the exhaust port of the cylinder head
- Reduced cylinder pressure makes it easier for the starter to turn the engine
- When the engine starts, the valve closes and the engine runs normally, with full compression
- Electric Compression Releases:
- Electric compression releases are solenoid operated
- They automatically open when the starter button is depressed and automatically close when the starter button is released
- When installed on SSW+ or Twin Cam style S&S® engines, S&S® electric compression releases require the use of S&S® die-cast Twin Cam style rocker covers or similar covers with a central hole or "chimney"
- The "chimneys" in the rocker covers are required to provide clearance for the solenoids that operate the compression releases
- Electric compression releases are compatible with S&S® rocker boxes for Evolution engines
Made in USA!